Monday, November 13, 2006

What the Bleep?

Last night, we had around 30 folks to watch the movie, 'What the Bleep Do We Know?' The movie, part existentialism, part spirituality, part quantum physics, sought to help us ask ourselves questions about who we are and why we are here.

The movie elicited some interesting responses. On the whole, most folks fell into the categories of either they liked it or they didn't.

I enjoyed the movie because it opened up to us an awareness of the power of our thought-processes and how we can become stuck in our addictive emotional behaviors. I also enjoyed the way in which the ideas of interconnectivity were explored.

Unfortunately, I had forgotten about a couple of racy scenes used to explain the power of sex when it comes to the receptive proteins in our brain. There was a couple of times that I was embarrassed for some of the parents who had brought their pre-teen kids to the movie. Actually, I was horrified. The parents forgave me- but I can only imagine the conversations those parents had when they got home.

All in all though, the movie was thought-provoking for many.

Our next movie will be showing The DaVinci Code. We'll probably be viewing it in January with a discussion and food/refreshments to follow.

No comments: